1. US citizens abroad
2. Green Card Holders whether in or outside the US
3. US residents wishing to move to Canada
4. Non-US residents wishing to move to the US
US tax laws apply to “US persons” – A US person includes:
– a person born or naturalized citizen of the United States
– a person who holds a “Green Card” whether the person lives in or outside the United States (Note that the simple fact of moving from the United States does NOT end your tax obligations.)
– a person who although neither a US citizen nor Green Card holder, spends more than a prescribed number of days in the US
We help “US Persons” achieve one or more of the following three things:
1. If you have recently learned that you should have been filing tax and information returns, we will help you come into compliance;
2. If you feel that it is too difficult to live as a US person outside the US, we will assist you with expatriation (ceasing to be a US citizen or green card holder);
3. If you want to continue your status as a US person outside the US, we will help you plan your life accordingly. The obligations of US citizenship mean that you will not be able to live your life in the same way as your neighbors do.
We help US residents immigrate to Canada:
Since the early 2000s, the US political, financial, investment, regulatory, and economic climate has made the US a less desirable country to call home. The United States now has the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Some are considering leaving the US. Although, this option is not for everybody it is being considered by more and more people. We will assist those of you are considering this option.
We help non-U.S. persons who are considering buying U.S. real estate:
US real estate may or may not be a good investment. You do need to understand that investing in US. real estate will involve you with the U.S. tax system.
Who are the people who are most in need of assistance?
Green Card holders living in the United States and US citizens living outside the United States are the people who are most in need of assistance.